Department of Agro Resources and Information Technologies
Doctor of Agricultural Sciences, Academician of the National Academy of Agrarian Sciences of Ukraine, Professor
Profile Google Scholar
Deputy Head of the Department — Yuriy Soroka, PhD in Agricultural Sciences
The Department has the following research divisions:
Head of the Division — Datsko Lyudmyla, PhD in Agricultural Sciences, Senior Researcher
The staff of the Division: Roman Saydak, PhD in Agricultural Sciences, Myron Datsko, PhD in Agricultural Sciences; Vita Lukashuk, PhD in Agricultural Sciences; Tatiana Mytya; Sergiy Vitvitsky; Olexiy Melnychuk.
Head of the Division — Tatiana Matiash, PhD in Technical Sciences, Senior Researcher.
The staff of the Division: Viktor Popov, Doctor of Technical Sciences, Senior Researcher, Laureate of State Prize in Science and Technology; Volodymyr Kovalchuk, Doctor of Technical Sciences, Senior Researcher; Vladyslav Knysh, Natalia Soroka; Kostyantyn Dyl; Anatoliy Kruchenyuk; Mykola Targoniy, Natalia Logunova.
AREAS OF SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH:
- development of scientific and technological bases of agriculture, including on reclaimed land;
- establishment of the mechanisms of ecological processes in agriculture on reclaimed lands given different agrotechnogenic loads;
- determination of the patterns of the potential formation of basic agricultural crops and development of the technologies of competitive agricultural production;
- development of scientific and technological bases of rational use of agro resources in the agro-sphere of Ukraine;
- state testing of agrochemicals;
- development of the methodology for the evaluation and zoning of agricultural resources of Ukraine;
- development of scientific bases for the use and development of agricultural land reclamation in Ukraine, in view of provision of the territories with agro resource potential;
- study of the patterns of formation and development of algorithms and models for predicting field crop productivity depending on agroclimatic and agrotechnical factors;
- establishment of data environments (information and information and analytical systems) to support decision-making on rational agriculture, restoration of irrigation and drainage, water conservation and energy saving;
- establishment, population and maintenance of databases and knowledge on agro-resource potential, land reclamation and agriculture;
- development of electronic and digital maps for data visualization in the process of decision making support by users of information products;
- development of methodology and methods of planning adaptive ecologically safe irrigation on the basis of integrated water and land management in rural areas;
- development of conceptual qualitative and quantitative water scenarios for the regional and local level with the involvement of stakeholders;
- substantiation of regional plans for the restoration and sustainable use of irrigation in the Southern Steppe zone under different scenarios for water and land use;
- development and implementation of management decision support systems for annual and operational water use planning and irrigation management on irrigation systems, farms and their associations;
- evaluation of the impact of climate change and water land use conditions on crop water consumption under irrigation;
- systematic analysis of the use of irrigated land to formulate tasks for consolidation of water use and substantiation of transformation policy in the management of irrigation systems;
- implementation of information technologies in irrigation management, in particular:
- establishment of geoinformation databases at the level of farms, irrigation systems and regions;
- application of different types of agro-hydrological models (statistical, balance and dynamic) for modeling of processes in the soil-plant-atmosphere environment, evaluation of productivity and water supply of territories;
- introduction of integrated monitoring of irrigated land use and the conditions of water and land use with the combination of ground observations (using automated meteorological stations) and remote sensing of the Earth's surface (Remote sensing methods);
- application along with already known decision-making methods the scenario approaches and indicative environmental and economic assessments;
- provision of services on monitoring of irrigated agriculture in farms and operational planning of crop irrigation through the Internet using the Web technologies.
- organization and holding of conferences, seminars, meetings, discussions on the agro-resource potential of the territories and land reclamation, publication of scientific works, participation in exhibitions, advertising of developments in mass media, exhibitions, etc.
TYPES OF RESEARCH DEVELOPMENTS:
Draft concept of agriculture based on agro-ecosystems of sustainable bioenergy in different soil and climatic zones.The concept of modern agrarian production includes the development and implementation of an adapted to the specific conditions of economy of the sectoral structure of bioenergy production in order to increase its competitiveness. Advantages of transition to bioenergy system of agricultural production are:
• realization of agroresource potential of farms with simultaneous production of 1 ha 0,8-1,0 thousand m3 / ha of methane gas, 1 and more t / ha of meat and dairy products (in all soil and climatic zones), 1 t / ha of sugar (for the Forest Steppe), 0.2-0.3 t / ha of oil and tomato juice (for the Steppe);
• Exclusion from the agro-ecosystems of only air components: carbon (C), oxygen (O), hydrogen (H), nitrogen (N) in the composition of carbohydrates, fats, proteins and hydrocarbons, in addition there is a reduction of CO2 gases up to 10 t / ha ;
• transition to the principles of organic farming and production for the creation of a closed cycle of macro and microelements with the economy of purchase of mineral fertilizers up to 300-400 kg dg / ha, systematic disinfection of all biomass; • improving the environmental status of the environment by optimizing the structure of agro-landscapes, reducing soil degradation and desertification processes;
• increasing the employment of rural population to the level of 5-10 people for every 100 ha of arable land;
• achievement of energy independence of agricultural production and rural settlements;
• 2-fold reduction in the cost of production by saving agrochemicals, industrial energy resources and transportation costs; • Receive annual gross income in the range of $ 10 thousand. /ha.
The development of agricultural production projects (business plan).
The development of modern low-cost and cost-effective technologies for growing crops, for example, under conditions of irrigation and drainage, selection of profitable crops for different soil and climatic zones, advice on cultivation of rare fruit and bioenergy crops and so on.
Modern information technologies:
• universal information-analytical computer complex "Agroresurs" planning and agricultural production;
• software "Spatial assessment moisture conditions in Ukraine with current climate change" and "Assessment of agrometeorological conditions for crop growing season";
• automated system "Adaptation technologies of growing crops to provide agrometeorological in different soil and climatic zones";
State tests of agrochemicals. The Institute of Water Problems and Reclamation is included by the Ministry of Natural Resources of Ukraine in the network of research institutions, which are granted the right to conduct state tests of agrochemicals
Agrochemical maintenance fertilization on farms for their savings.
implementation of international and domestic projects:
: — International project of the 6th EU Framework Program "Water scenarios for Europe and neighboring countries" (SCENES).
— Integrated water and land management plans for pilot areas of the New Rural Community Model Project. — Catapuld Intergovernmental Ukrainian-Dutch project to develop a national strategy for integrated consolidation of land, water and forest resources.
— Research and production implementation of IS "GIS-Watering" in SE "Askaniyske", PJSC "Fried Farm International" Kherson region.
— Ukrainian-Dutch project “Improvement of water management on irrigation systems of southern Ukraine (WATERMUK)”.
— Ukrainian-Belgian project “Irrigation management to support sustainable agriculture and the environment in Ukraine (UKRIM project)”.
— Participation in the work of the European Center for the Restoration of Rivers and Land Use Problems in River Basins (ECRR)
— Participation in projects of the PLUS Association of Dutch Space Companies to monitor the state of crop development on large farms in irrigation applications.
Certificate of copyright registration for the work No. 54650 dated May 7, 2014 “Computer program“ Information system for operational irrigation planning of GIS Poliv ” Utility Model Patent No. 78552 (03/25/2013) “Method of Production of Polymeric Liquid Fertilizer“ Macromik ”(Yuriy Tarariko, Yuriy Soroka, Myron O. Datsko)
Our partners are companies that are engaged in manufacturing and distribution of agrochemicals (mineral, organic, organic fertilizers, micronutrients, fertilizers microbiological, chemical meliorants, plant growth regulators); farms of different ownership forms, including: • Experimental Facility "Askaniyske" Askaniya State Agricultural Experiment Station of the Institute of irrigated agriculture NAAS Ukraine • JSC "Freedom Farm International" • River restoration via integrated river basin management (ECRR). • Association of Dutch companies PLUS.
Contact: (044) 490-95-48, 067-193-21-60 e-mail: email@example.com