The Southern State Agricultural Research Station of the Institute of Water Problems and Land Reclamation of the National Academy of Agrarian Sciences of Ukraine
75600, Kherson region, Hola Prystan, 71 Chornomorska Street
Acting Director: Volodymir Lymar
Tel.+38 (05539) 2-63-12; Fax. +3 (05539) 2-63-22;
web: bashtan.iwpim.com.ua E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deputy Director for Research and Innovation
+38 055 39 2-63-12;
+38 055 39 2-63-22
The main activities of the Southern State Agricultural Research Station:
– development of methods of selection of lines of melons, suitable for high-yielding hybrids, genotypes suitable for long-term storage, genotypes with high content of biologically valuable substances, determination of physiological bases of melon crop formation.
– development of agrotechnical methods of weed control in melon crops;
– creation of a long conveyor of fresh watermelon products to the consumer due to the use of varieties of different maturity groups, seedling and seedlingless methods of cultivation, protected soil
– industrial production of functional foods with high medicinal properties from fruits and seeds of melons;
– technologies of container harvesting and transportation of melon products to the consumer in accordance with international standards.
– development and development of energy-saving technologies for the production of high-quality melon seeds with the necessary set of machines to obtain final products that will meet international standards.